Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Malwarebytes Pro

Jump to solution

Hi all

At present I run McAfee Security Center and also Malwarebytes free edition.I have been offered  Malwarebytes Pro edition by a friend.As Malwarebytes Pro scans in real time is it ok to run along side McAfee without there being any conflict between the two.?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Malwarebytes Pro

Jump to solution

No it isn't OK as running more than one real-time scanner can cause both scanners to fail.  Stick with the free one and just keep it updated from time to time.

Anti-Spyware, Malware and Hijacker Tools.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/10/11 12:08:27 EDT PM

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

No it isn't OK as running more than one real-time scanner can cause both scanners to fail.  Stick with the free one and just keep it updated from time to time.

Anti-Spyware, Malware and Hijacker Tools.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/10/11 12:08:27 EDT PM
Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Ex_Brit

Thanks for your reply.Will leave it as it is then.I do keep the free version updated on a regular basis so that should suffice

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

That's good then.  All the  best.

LeeL
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I have the Pro edition and keep getting the warning message too. My computer pro's recommend using Malwarebytes in addition to LiveSafe, and this is becasue I once got a bad malware infection despite having an active McAfee suite. How do I get McAfee to stop these warning messages? - I am not removing Malwarebytes!  Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community