cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unklmatt
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

MacAfee vs JavaScript

Does McAfee block Javascript? I encounter an error when I surfing the net that JavaScript is not enabled. I check all the settings and it shows clearly that JavaScript is enabled. I performed a test and disabled McAfee and went back to the same website where I got the JavaScript error and it loaded no problem. So, again does McAfee block JavaScript? Is there a setting or steps I can take to resolve this issue?

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: MacAfee vs JavaScript

No it doesn't block it.  I've seen that reaction on occasion and usually redisplaying the page allows it.   I'm not too sure why it happens but it seems to be a browser issue.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: MacAfee vs JavaScript

Probably the Java Script in Manage Add-ons would be disabled... just try this...

Open Internet Explorer> click on Tools> Internet Options> Programs> Manage Add-ons> Look for Java if anything found disabled then enable it and re-try the website... (check the screenshot for more info)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community