cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zafars
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Losing Internet connection

After I installed McAfee on my new computer; I lose my internet connection every 10-30 minutes and can only restore it after restarting my computer.  Any suggestions on what is going wrong.  Thanks

zafars

4 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Losing Internet connection

Hi  Zafars,

Can you specify what is the type of internet connection you use (DSL/Wireless) ?
At that time which you are not able to access internet, do you receive any error messages onscreen   ?

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

zafars
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hello Dinesh:

I do not get any message except when I refresh or go to another page it just indicates I do not have any connection and shows me the diagnose window--just loses the connection.  My connection is via cable (Time Warner).  Again I did not have this problem before installing McAfee 2 days ago. Thanks for your help

zafars

BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Just want to clarify few things on this,

Did you get any pop ups from McAfee state “allow the apllication to access the internet”?

What is the operating system you use?

Do you have any third party security software installed in the system?

Steps 

Check the following setting:

Click on manage network in the Left hand panel and click on “I trust the other computer on this network”.

T1.JPG

If it’s already trusted then,

Click – Start- Click on Run (Press Win + R key in the Keyboard) – Type CMD- In the Command promt window type Ping www.google.com

Check if you get the reply from site.

Message was edited by: BalaSGS on 11/30/09 1:34 PM
zafars
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Hello Bala:

I have Windows 7; this is a new computer and I transferred my McAfee to this computer on 11/28.  It appears that I do not fully lose my Internet connection because real time data still streams in,  However, the IE does not display any new pages (IE cannot display page) and the Dignose connection window shows up.  I have no other protection programs.  I have connected another computer to the same cable and that does not have this problem.  This problem coincided with my McAfee installation and I have changed nothing else.  It is mysterious what event times this out because even the timing between outage is inconsistent fro 5-30 minutes as best as I can tell.

Zafars

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community