Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benja_in_london
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Logs of what it found scanning my phone

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am a newbie in Mcafee, i just got a notebook and i have this question.

I connected my HTC smarphone and it asked me if i wanted to scan it, so i did. It found about 10 viruses/trojans and i could read their names, but after i clicked OK a last time to proceed i could not retrieve the information about what it found.

It cleaned the phone but now i cannot know what viruses/trojans were on the phone. I tried to google log files but i could not find it.

So, does any of you know how to retrieve that information?

I don't know what version exactly i own of McAfee, i can say under Programs i have "McAfee Scurity Scan Plus" and "McAfee Family Protection", and at the bottom right the icon says "McAfee Internet Security Suite".

Thanks

Benjamin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Re: Logs of what it found scanning my phone

Jump to solution

Uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus as that is merely a tool that downloads as an option with other software, typically Adobe Flash or similar, and checks what software you need for security purposes.   You've already got the software so you don't need that.   It will be listed in Control Panel; Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs, Uninstall a Program (Vista/Windows 7).

The home product isn't really the best authority on mobile security so those detections may have been false, who knows?    What is your phone's operarating system?:

You should find them listed in SecurityCenter (right-click taskbar icon to open or double-click it) > Navigation (top right) > Quarantined and Trusted Items (scroll down to see it).

If you think they are malware then you can delete them from there, but if they are false findings then you would have to follow a procedure which can take a few days to clear up.   Try restoring them first though and then just don't bother scanning the phone in future.

See:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/02/12 11:40:53 EST AM

View solution in original post

4 Replies
benja_in_london
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Anyone?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus as that is merely a tool that downloads as an option with other software, typically Adobe Flash or similar, and checks what software you need for security purposes.   You've already got the software so you don't need that.   It will be listed in Control Panel; Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs, Uninstall a Program (Vista/Windows 7).

The home product isn't really the best authority on mobile security so those detections may have been false, who knows?    What is your phone's operarating system?:

You should find them listed in SecurityCenter (right-click taskbar icon to open or double-click it) > Navigation (top right) > Quarantined and Trusted Items (scroll down to see it).

If you think they are malware then you can delete them from there, but if they are false findings then you would have to follow a procedure which can take a few days to clear up.   Try restoring them first though and then just don't bother scanning the phone in future.

See:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/02/12 11:40:53 EST AM
benja_in_london
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you.

For some reason i missed the Navigation link at the top right.

Phone OS is Android.

And no i don't think they are false, because the phone has wifi and it had weird behaviours lately.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

You might want to consider something like this then: http://home.mcafee.com/store/mobile-security?culture=en-us&cid=100453

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community