cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lewad
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Livesafe

New win 10 PC preinstalled livesafe which has expired.  MCPR wll not run - no response after trying to launch.  Have uninstalled via control panel but wish to do a more thorough cleanup.  Happy to do manually if I can get guidelines

Can anyone please suggest how to run MCPR  thx

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Livesafe

​,

Moved from  Community Support to General Discussion > Discussions

Did you reboot after initial uninstallation from Programs\Features? Try installing the latest tool    MCPR   and run again.

If you are still having issues you can contact Technical Support (Free) 24/7 https://service.mcafee.com

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
lewad
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

thx for your prompt reply.  Yes all the above have been tried but the symptoms indicate to me failure to launch or start

I will contact support unless there is anything else that can be suggested.  One thing which may be relevant is it is an AMD processor

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

It's best to contact support in your situation for quick resolution. AMD processor shouldn't be a cause for concern.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

​,

You are most welcome Keep in mind that your processor being (AMD) should not be an issue. As long as it meets the McAfee System Requirements (Speed). I know because I have a system running one

Are you certain you have the required Microsoft Visual C+++Redistributables (X86\X64) installed?

I agree with Sanjay (Tier Tech 2.5) that your quickest resolution would be to contact Technical Support. Having said that, have you tried using another Browser? In addition look at these suggestions

Just thought I would add that...

All the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Ooops ! Two replies are better than one !  Sorry Mate.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community