cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agran750mira
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

Laptop Has Been Invaded By Win 7 Security 2012

I need to know how to get Win 7 Security 2012 out of my computer.  I can still get e-mail, but it won't let me surf the web at all.  It wants me to give them $59 to cure my problems, but I already have McAfee.   McAfee says I don't have any issues after giving it a complet scan, but believe me,  I do!  Anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks,

Ann

10 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 11

Re: Laptop Has Been Invaded By Win 7 Security 2012

This is probabley new  try the free version of Malwarebytes.Leave default settings,update and do full scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/  

Also you may have to run Rkill first if malwarebytes will not run.You can download RKill from here.There are several named versions on this page to help it to run.They are all the same program.Rkill will disable any bad processes so you can run Malwarebytes.It does not delete the processes.So after running do not reboot.Run Rkill then Run Malwarebytes.

Message was edited by: newjack on 6/14/11 10:37:34 AM EDT
agran750mira
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

I am on the desktop computer right now.  I was hoping to be able to get a file on the "desktop", so that I could put it on a disc or flashdrive to get it to my laptop.  I tried to get past the malware with your link from the e-mail, but it blocked me from getting on the web again.  The link allowed me to scan this computer, but not the one I am  having problems with.  I will try RKill and see if I can get it into a file.  If not, I am back at ground zero.

Thanks

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 11

Try to download it in safe mode with networking.Most likely by restarting computer and tapping f8 repeatedly.Also,You may have to download Rkill in safe mode with networking.

agran750mira
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

OOoo...you are assuming I know how to network my computers.  Sorry, but I don't know how and have tried to figure it out many times before.  I wish I was as savvy at computers as you and my son, but I am not.  I do pretty well, but have to try by hit and miss a lot of times.  And while I have seen and "used" safe mode by mistake, I am not sure I can make it happen.  I would try the tapping like you said, but I don't know what good it would do if my computers are not networked.  I don't suppose I can plug the laptop into the desktop.  Right?  Doesn't sound like a good idea even if I could do it.  I know I can plug it into the router, but there again, you would need networking.

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 11

Now I`m confused..... How did you get Win 7 security Rogue and recieve E-mails If you did`nt originally have a connection?I am going to assume you had a wireless connection.If that is the case then restart your computer and try doing what I said in post 3.

agran750mira
Former Member
Message 7 of 11

I have a wireless connection on the laptop.  This malware lets me get and see e-mails, but when I click a link ot go somewhere to a website, it puts up a screen that  gives me three choices.  I always choose, let me surf even though it si unsafe, but it still won't let me do that.  If I make the choise to let them fix my computer, it goes right to their website where they want $59 for one year of their security software.  I think the third option is to let them scan your computer again to show me that I have 29 things wrong with my computer.

newjack
Former Member
Message 8 of 11

You have to restart computer when it shuts down and starts back up start tapping F8 on top of keyboard.This will bring you to screen with options to start in safe mode with networking.You should then arrow down to safe mode with networking.The Malware is blocking you from internet access.Sometimes in safe mode you the malware won`t start up.Then download both item to your desktop.

newjack
Former Member
Message 9 of 11

This rogue is probablt similir to this.Here are the instructions.Go to safe computer and print http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-antispyware-2012

agran750mira
Former Member
Message 10 of 11

You are the best!  I think I have all but removed the malware.  I am still running Malwarebytes' Anit-Malware, which they said could take a while.  I am so proud of myself and thankful for your help!  I was at war with this bleeping malware and was determined to win.  One other question.  Do you think going back to an old restore point would have gotten rid of it?  I didn't do that, but if this didn't work, I was going to try that.  Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community