cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_174104
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Javascript error with Windows 7 when trying to download AntiVirus Plus 2010

So I got a free subscription card for McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2010 and decided to put it on my laptop that runs with Windows 7 32-bit. Well, when I initially tried to download it came up with the message "Download cannot continue...." or something similar to that. The basic gist of it was telling me that javascript wasn't functioning properly on my PC. I immediately scoped around online and updated my Java, and any updates Windows had.

The most prevalent solution I found from a number of sites including the official McAfee tech center was:

1) Run command prompt as an Administrator
2) Executing the command "regsvr32 jscript.dll" (It successfully executed)
3) Executing the command "regsve32 vbscript.dll (This also was succesful)
4) Reboot
5) Attempting the download again.

Unfortunately, even this above method did not work as I am still getting the same javascript error when I try to access the McAfee Download Manager. I've tried using Chrome, Internet Explore 8, and Mozilla Firefox as different browsers, each of them with javascript enabled, and the same error still persists. Even when I saved the dmsetup.exe file on my desktop and tried to execute it as an Administrator, the same happens.

Also, whenever the error box shows up, it prompts me to go to this link: http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=43582

The instructions on here are basically the same as those above. However, it also suggested I try uninstalling any previous McAfee programs using the special removal tool on the site. Well, I've never had any McAfee products of any kind on this computer before, however, I downloaded the tool and ran it anyway. The tool itself resulted in a "Cleanup Successful!" method as the FAQ said. I once more rebooted my computer and tried to the download again. Same result as before.

This is really driving me up a wall that I'm unable to download this and get coverage on my laptop... Also attached is the exact error message. Any help would be much appreciated!

Labels (3)
3 Replies
CrimsonEye
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Javascript error with Windows 7 when trying to download AntiVirus Plus 2010

Can you please zip the logs and attach here.

logs can be found at c:\programdata\mcafee\mclogs

user_174104
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I'm not quite sure what're requesting. I have yet to be have been able to download yet alone install any McAfee products, therefore, I lack a McAfee folder anywhere on my computer so I wouldn't know where to find these logs...

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Please try the below steps ;

Restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key , from the windows advanced boot options menu select safe mode with networking.

Run the mcpreinstall tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe  and start installing again.

kindly report back if you come across any errors. If possible attach a screen shot of the error.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community