cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

I have Windows VistaHomePremium as my opeating system the 32bit version. My browser version is IE9.

After being notified to update my Java I updated my java  and tried to confirm the version I got the following:

Error Message:  Error: Missing 'client' JVM at 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\client\jvm.dll' please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components.

If you can not help me with this can someone direct me to where I can get help with this.

Thank you.

Jerry Steiner.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Java

Jump to solution

Go into Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program and look for an entry usually starting with Java....... and uninstall it.

Then go here and install a fresh copy. http://www.java.com/en/

You can always keep these things up to date using Vulnerability Manager in SecurityCenter > PC and Home Network Tools. but normally Java updates automatically.   In your case perhaps it became corrupted.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/10/13 4:52:49 EDT PM

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Go into Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program and look for an entry usually starting with Java....... and uninstall it.

Then go here and install a fresh copy. http://www.java.com/en/

You can always keep these things up to date using Vulnerability Manager in SecurityCenter > PC and Home Network Tools. but normally Java updates automatically.   In your case perhaps it became corrupted.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/10/13 4:52:49 EDT PM
halton
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you.

Jerry

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

You're welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community