cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krazykyle
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

JS and css files

Hello and forgive me for asking here but I have been searching for an answer for three hours with Google and Bing and several others. I have to honestly say TECHNOLOGYSUCKS ! I have rephrased the following question at least 12 times' and still all the search engines do the same STUPID thing. My search question(s) were "how are some files in my downloads folders magically turning into JS and CSS files? Many of them changed Some of these have been in downloads 6-8 months in the file type they were when I saved them but suddenly today they became JS & CSS. I can't say what type of file they were  because I have tried to look in properties at the previous version and it say "no previous type found." I need those files they are study materials for a course I am taking and since they changed they no longer have the file name to identify and  replace them> So I hope someone here can help me figure this out. I left this same basic message in Microsoft forums  but have never gotten any working answer from them. So here I am and I feel bad about asking here when this is about security  issues . Also earlier I got the You are the winner of Google Chromes 5 millionth search scam I  didn't fall for it> How did our world get so full of criminals.  Thanks to anyone even if no one can help and I don't even have JS on my laptop. Have a great day and blessings to you all and all you love.

Sincerely krazykyle

1 Reply
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: JS and css files

Hi @krazykyle,

We understand your concern, we request you to execute a full scan on your device to make sure there are no threats on your device. If there is no threats detected, we recommend you to get in touch with your system manufacturer to assist you better with the request. 

If McAfee happens to detect a threat kindly share us the details, so that we can look into it and assist you further.

Thanks,
Avinash.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community