Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcys
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Issue with McAfee (provided by AOL)

Jump to solution

I have McAfee Security Suite provided by AOL.  It will not allow me to enable Scheduled Scanning.  AOL tech support is unable to help me.  Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Re: Issue with McAfee (provided by AOL)

Jump to solution

This seen by others I assume this cannot be enabled?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/191146#191146

This being looked at will ask

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

This seen by others I assume this cannot be enabled?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/191146#191146

This being looked at will ask

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please let us know OS (32 or 64 bit) with service pack level and version of securitycenter and virus scan of McAfee installed on your computer.

marcys
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium, Version 6.1 Build 7601 SP1.  My Mcafee Security Center (Special Edition from AOL) is 10.5.239.

These are the specific issues:  (1) Although McAfee recommends that I enable scheduled scanning, I am unable to click on Apply - it is grayed out.

(2) When I do a right click on the McAfee Shield in order to do a manual full scan, I do not get the same info each time.  One time my choices will be hide scan or display scan and the very next time it will be Full, Quick or Custom.  Doesn't make sense.  I do have real-time scanning "on"

Thank you,

Marcy ,

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

1) Try to restart the computer in safe mode and turn on schedule scan and back to normal mode and it may help to fix the issue with schedule scan.

2)  Hide/Display scan option comes up when McAfee scan is already running on your computer and you will get options Full, Quick or Custom when there is no scan activity

marcys
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you, I will try and let you know the outcome.  Appreciate.

Marcy

marcys
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

You are amazing.  Your recommendation worked likemagic.  Apparently AOL Tech Reps do no know enough to recommend Safe Mode.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I have been reinstalling/installing McAfee since last week.  Apparently I caught the fakealert-rep trojan III from an install of Adobe flash player 10 active X.  McAfee did not catch it nor did Malware Bytes Pro.  McAfee Stinger did and removed it.

Owe you big time.  I'm an old lady of 78 and my frustration level was very high.

Marcy

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Great! It's happy to hear that issue has been resolved. Please mark my previous post as corect answer so that if any other customers facing the same issue can follow the steps to fix it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community