cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 11 of 14

Re: Issue with MCSVHOST.exe

Also let us know the version details of your Operating System (include service pack details as well)

Message was edited by: Aldrin on 9/11/10 4:06:00 AM IST
jjvanka
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Hello Dazman

Event 514/mfehidk was logged at every startup, but suddenly stopped lately (last one: November 04 at 17:34).  Can't remember having done anything drastic which may have caused the warning to stay away.  So, it could have been a McA update (there have been a few alterations in the McAfee directory Nov 04 at 18:54, as I notice), who knows. 
Anyway, I did the reinstall you proposed [mfehidin.exe -i mfehidk.sys] yesterday because it couldn't hurt; but obviously can't tell you whether it worked for my Vista (32b) or not. 
If the 514 unexpectedly appears again, I'll post it.
Rgds - JJ

jjvanka
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

> Somer & Aldrin

My gear:

- Vista Home Premium, 32-bit, Sp2

- Security Center 10.5

Build 10.5.216

Affid 0

Updated 10-11-04 (now read my above message to Dazman please)

- Virus Scan 14.5

Build 14.5.130

- Personal Firewall 11.5

Build 11.5.140

Updated 10-11-04 (see message to Dazman)

Dazman
Former Member
Message 14 of 14

Hey dwbeek367,

Did you try the other method I mentioned with right clicking on mfehidk.inf and selecting install?  I did both at the same time so it could have been that one that fixed it or the combination of both.  Also did you notice in event log that you received a certificate update as the untrusted status could well be a certificate issue?  I have BT Netprotect with the following McAfee info:

SecurityCenter V10 - Build 10.0.587 - AffID 691 - Lang en-gb - Last update 13-10-2010

VirusScan       V14 - Build  14.0.309 - Last Update 9-11-2010

Message was edited by: Dazman on 11/8/10 11:48:16 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community