cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saiwong
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

Is there a way to save settings on renewal ?

Hello,

I just renewed McAfee Anti Virus Plus for another year but in the process I had to deinstall and reinstall the product. Once everything was done, all my old settings were gone and I had to redo them all.

Suggestion: Have a way to export all your settings so that once you reinstall you can import your settings back

4 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is there a way to save settings on renewal ?

Hello @saiwong 

If it's Windows Pc instead of reinstall, you can follow this article http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS102110 and update the subscription expiry date. 

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

saiwong
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

I renewed by adding a 25 digit renewal code via website menu      My Account->Redeem your retail card

The website then prompted me with a single DOWNLOAD button to click and run. 

Should I just ignore this download step ?

By adding the 25 digit code, has this already updated by subscription date ?

Should I instead just navigate to my product subscription details and check the subscription dates if they have been increamented by another 1 year ?

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 5

Hi @saiwong 

Yes, please ignore the download option as it's only for fresh installation, if McAfee already available you can follow the above mentioned article to update the subscription status. 

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

saiwong
Contributor II
Message 5 of 5

I will try ignoring the download option next time I need to renew. However, this will be in one years time.

However, it would be great if an export and import options would be available.

This is because, in situations were you might need to deinstall and reinstall the product it would be nice to be able to quickly re-import your settings.

Also if you wish to install the product on multiple PCs and have the same settings on each PC, this will be very helpful to speed the setting up

thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community