cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

Is it McAfee or a bad guy?

I keep getting notifications that look like "official" notifications from McAfee with logo and all. These "notifications tell me my McAfee expired a few days before the day I'm receiving the notice wanting me to "renew" by clicking the return button. According to my account information on line and in the action center, my McAfee doesn't expire until 2020. 

So, is this a ruse by bad guys or McAfee trying to get me, erroneously, to renew for an additional  year or two?

5 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is it McAfee or a bad guy?

2 mths before is to be expected from McAfee but 6 that is a push. Contact customer service and pass this onto them.

Call McAfee support 

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

The notices are telling me that McAfee has already expired 5 or 10 days previously
and I need to renew NOW!
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 6

I saw that that was why I said it was strange. I assume product still active so either a scam or faulty renewal so customer service will sort this out. Helpers here cannot sorry.

Jerry-Hutch
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

It is better to get an early notice than a late one.
Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Please reread my post. I receive the notice several days AFTER the "supposed" expiration date. Which, if true, would have been late.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community