cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aghadowey
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Intermittent Post AnalyticsSDK

A few weeks ago my wife's computer started having problems with connecting to the internet.  Something (seeminglyly McAfee) would intermittently block all browsers from accessing the internet, then Skype was also blocked.  This started as intermittent, but last week it became constant.

I looked in the task manager and found that Analytics SDK was using masses of memory, so initially I disabled Client Analytics and then I downloaded the then latest update, as suggested in the other thread.  The problem appeared to have been solved.  Unfortunately that was not the end of the matter.  Today she has found that her internet is blocked again.  A further feature of the problem is that when the internet is blocked like this the McAfee icon stops working and I can't open McAfee.  Checking the task manager the AnalyticsSDK isn't using much memory, so this is no longer the problem.

The Anti-Virus is McAfee 19.0, build 19.3.3060, update 07/02/2017, engine 2883.0.  My guess is that something in the new update has started the problem again.  Any ideas how to sort this out?

2 Replies
nuhairi
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Intermittent Post AnalyticsSDK

How about the CPU usage for AnalyticsSDK? Is it higher than usual? If yes, refer here:  

aghadowey
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Intermittent Post AnalyticsSDK

CPU usage wasn't particularly high, nothing looked particularly out of place on the task manager.

I did redo the disabling of ClientAnalytics and the problem seemed to stop yesterday and I was able to access internet and McAfee again.  I will see if that continues to work and hope dearly that McAfee sort out this problem properly.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community