cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fieryfroggie8
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Installation Issues with Total Protection 2012

I bought the Total Protection 2012 a couple weeks ago. I installed the software and even ran a scan because I believe I have been phished. Everything seemed fine but today it says my subscription has expired. I checked my Security Center and it is showing my 2011 which expired in July. I registered it and everything but it is not showing at all. I don't know what to do. It won't even load on my other computer. I can't bring up the installation page. Should I return the disk and get a new one? Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies
fieryfroggie8
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Installation Issues with Total Protection 2012

Oh I should mention it is the 3 computer protection.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: Installation Issues with Total Protection 2012

First no PC it is installed on is the same name as this really messes things up.

Secondly run the removal tool (windows) and then the MCPR mcafee removal tool. reboot and run

The tools are available here

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

Do this on all Pcs your are updating.

If still an issue contact customer service in the useful links tab above and they will help you. You may need to do a subscription repair. They can assist there.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 3/10/11 7:53:38 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community