cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gsghert01
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Incompatibility with System Mechanic 10.5

When I run McAfee Total Protection 2011 concurrently with SM 10.5, the McAfee Firewall goes awry. McAfee says the problem is with System Mechanic. System Mechanic says I have to tweak the McAfee registry settings ... this dosn't sound like a proper waqy to go.

Is anyone else able to run these two products together?

Gary

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Incompatibility with System Mechanic 10.5

System Mechanic Professional 2007 is listed as incompatible in the FAQ's found in the Technical Support pages HERE.

From that I would imagine any version may have problems.     I believe it's because it has a protection shield consisting of at least an antivirus, maybe more.

Running more than one antivirus can actually lead you into getting infections.  

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/10/11 10:35:27 EDT AM
gsghert01
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

I made sure not to get System Mechanic Professional.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

I would imagine that it still has problems.   Registry cleaners generally are a trial and error undertaking as they invariably will remove something important and that particular one has always had issue with various antivirus applications.

If you want professional advice phone Technical Support via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.  It's now a free call.

Itsmeannie
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

can’t even get it to download...😡

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community