cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badproduct
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

I want to remove McAfee Safe Connect

WHAT KIND OF A COMPANY IS THIS?!?  Your mission presumably is to protect consumers, yet you covertly install your product (just like the viruses you're mandated  to protect against) and you cannot uninstall (permission error).

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!

Please provide information on how to uninstall this product!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
19 Replies
RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 20

Re: I want to remove McAfee Safe Connect

Hi

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused with the product uninstallation. We have sent a private message to you. Kindly reply to that.

Regards,
Ragoth Karnan 

Anchor_Free
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

I have the same problem.  Please publish the solution on your "Consumer Support" page, that is, right here so everyone with the problem can see it.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 20

The Knowledgebase FAQ say

want to remove Safe Connect from a Windows PC

1. Click Search at the bottom left of your Windows desktop next to the Start  menu.
  2. Type Programs and Features.
  3. Click Programs and Features.
  4. Right-click McAfee Safe Connect.
  5. Click Uninstall, and follow the prompts.

but I assume you tried this. I also interested in what was passed on privately.

Out of interest how did it get installed I have never seen it on mine except wjen I tried a triial back when it came out.

Tony

Anchor_Free
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Hello, Yes I hae tried a regular unistall many times and get worrying pop-ups about allowing access to my hard drive by Anchor_Free_Inc. I also tried the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR) several times. I suspect the program was downloaded as I failed to untick a box when updating Adobe.  My comment about private msgs was in relation to the post above mine.

Thank you

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 20

I understand re Private message comment was referring to fact that was not posted here so all could know. Probably included some info they did not want all and sundry to comment on.

Thought that where you got it one needs to check java and adobe updates to stop these extras being installed.

See if the mods reply if not will ask them privately.

Tony

Anchor_Free
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Thanks. Nobody from McAfee seems interested in engaging to provide a solution to this problem that an increasing amount of people have given the lack of response from similar questions.  It is very odd corporate behaviour.  Could someone from McAfee please respond?

RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 20

Hello @Anchor_Free 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused with the product uninstallation. I have sent a private message to you. Kindly reply to that.

Regards,
Ragoth Karnan 

Fixgeer
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

I am also unable to unistall McAfee Safe Connect without allowing AnchorFree.inc (A McAfee file) hard drive and software update access.
I just want McAfee removed completely please, along with AnchorFree.

-Pz

Fixgeer
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Has anyone acually had sucess removing this?   

@Anchor_Free @RagothKarnan @Peacekeeper 

Hello?!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community