Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zezuke
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

I kind of don't know what to do...

Jump to solution

So I've had a problem with several computers at home on which I had McAffee installed. By some misfortune I had to format them both and I wasn't able to uninstall it first.

Now, one of my pc's has the antivirus registered but since I couldn't uninstall the other two licenses stayed registered and I can't register to the new OS's!

Does anyone know what I can do to be able to register in the other pc?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: I kind of don't know what to do...

Jump to solution

Hi zezuke,

To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer, use the steps mentioned here. After deactivating the computer you no longer use, please logon to your mcafee account here : http://us.mcafee.com/root./login.asp and reinstall the application your new pc and you should be alright.

Please get abck if any issues.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: I kind of don't know what to do...

Jump to solution

Hi zezuke,

To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer, use the steps mentioned here. After deactivating the computer you no longer use, please logon to your mcafee account here : http://us.mcafee.com/root./login.asp and reinstall the application your new pc and you should be alright.

Please get abck if any issues.

Thanks,

zezuke
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

That's it, thanks a lot (:

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

You re welcome

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community