cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated10
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

I do not want McAfee on my computer!!! Please help me get it off!!!

McAfee is being a ghost that cannot be reached.  There is no phone number and the chat line says it is not secure and does not say it is McAfee!! it is some other company.  The simplistic answers posted on this site from someone in Canada is just crazy!!!  How is that this company can be so powerful and tamper with your computer and you cannot refuse to have them on your computer?  Is this some sort of a dictator?!!  Buy me or I will screw you?

6 Replies
ConorD62
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: I do not want McAfee on my computer!!! Please help me get it off!!!

Hi Frustrated10,

Please read this on how to rid McAfee of your system.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: ConorD62 on 11/02/11 17:44:05 CST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go ahead, Conor. He wants out, let him out. Show him how to uninstall.

ConorD62
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Frustrated10 wrote:

The simplistic answers posted on this site from someone in Canada is just crazy!!!

Hi,

Also, is this a dig at Peter?

Most of the community here do not work for McAfee, we do it off our own backs, volunteers.

If you want to complain at anyone, actually look around and find a McAfee number, instead of having a go at the people only trying to help.

Usually I say thanks at the end of my posts, but I don't think I will,

Hopefully someone with higher authority actually takes this as a case, or at least closes and bans.. or something.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I think it probably was, but Peter's said before now he's had worse than that, much worse. It just bounces off.

Best thing here is let the poster uninstall McAfee. It came as a pre-installed package, and he doesn't want it. Enough said. When it's gone, he'll have to find another one to replace it, and some other forum will be graced with his cheerful banter.

sgrimmel
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 7

Good morning

I am afaid that "McAfee" is to slim a description to go by. Please advise of product name and version so your issue can be dealt with.

Regards

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I think that person will probably be very confused now. He posted his message months ago, and will have switched to another AV product soon after posting.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community