cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinHero
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

I can't turn on McAfee VirusScan and McAfee Firewall from security providers Windows Defender

Hi!

I have problem, when i tried to change security providers on Windows Defender Security. I tried to turn both McAfee VirusScan and McAfee Firewall but it didn't work. Can you please solve my problem?

I am using of McAfee Livesafe.

Annotation 2019-06-05 213633.png

1 Reply
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 2

Re: I can't turn on McAfee VirusScan and McAfee Firewall from security providers Windows Defender

@MartinHero 

Please do run McAfee Virtual Technician using below steps and check if the status of the issue. If the issue persists, please do reinstall McAfee.

1. To start, go to the McAfee Consumer Support home page, and scroll down to the McAfee Virtual Technician section:
    NOTE: The Virtual Technician is only available on Windows PCs. You do not see this option if you view this page on a Mac, or an iOS or Android device.

2. Click Download and Run.
  3. Save the mvt.exe file to your desktop if prompted.
  4. Double-click mvt.exe, or click Run, to start MVT.
  5. Click Yes if the Windows User Account Control asks you to allow MVT to run.
  6. Wait for MVT to install, initialize, and update. This process might take a few minutes.

MVT then scans your PC for issues with your McAfee product.

7. If any issues are found:
    1. Choose Autofix, and follow the prompts to let MVT fix the problem.
    2. If MVT cannot fix the problem, contact Technical Support.

8. If no issues are found, close MVT.
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community