cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marak60
Former Member
Message 11 of 32

Re: How to get rid of annoying McAfee pop up ad

I feel your pain Sam. I can't believe McAfee have any customers left. I find it just incredible that an anti-virus product would spam me.  Even if only happened once a year, that's once a year too often.

My subscription came free with my computer, but there definitely will not be a renewal when it expires.

newjack
Former Member
Message 12 of 32

I am also recieving these pop ups.I can`t believe that with over 400 days remaining on my subscrption I am getting these pop ups!Does anyone know how to stop this!!!

pop ups.JPG

sam333
Former Member
Message 13 of 32

I'm still getting the message at least two or three times a day.  It's incredibly annoying. 

If this doesn't get a fix soon, as soon as I find time, I'm going to uninstall the whole thing and go with another company. 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 32

Well if it's like the one Newjack posted it looks like it's a joint effort with Dell and more for information purposes than anything to do with subscription renewal, but any such popups should only appear once and not come back once you clicked whatever it is to read its message.

A lot could depend on exactly what you are doing to get rid of it.   But if nothing gets rid of it then there's corruption somewhere and Technical Support should be able to help, linked under Useful Links at the top of the page.

sam333
Former Member
Message 15 of 32

I already wasted an hour with technical support on this and it didn't fix the problem.  They took over my computer, reinstalled, and did a bunch of things. 

Because there are no options in the popup to turn it off, I'm suspicious that this isn't a bug, but the way it was designed, annoying spam that will keep popping up until you buy it.

Most people probably don't report it and just figure they have to live with it.  I encourage everyone with this problem to post here, so they can see how annoying this is and how it's causing them to lose customers.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 32

Well why not click on the link in the popup and let it do its thing, maybe that will get rid of it..  If you haven't done that already.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's Dell-inititated, if I recall from the early days when this machine had Dell software installed they are very fond of popups.

newjack
Former Member
Message 17 of 32

Not sure the adress say Promos Mcafee? But They may be very found of it.But us costumers are not.

promos.JPG

sam333
Former Member
Message 18 of 32

I've clicked on it, but that doesn't solve anything.

I'm pretty sure this is not a Dell issue.  If you kill Mcafee in the task manager the pop up disappears, so this ad is being generated by the mcafee software.  Not Dell.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 32

That's pure Dell heavily dicguised as McAfee.   Call Dell and ask them why their version of McAfee software is full of annoying ads.

newjack
Former Member
Message 20 of 32

The Adress bar says Promos Mcafee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community