cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octaviancosmin
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

How many updates per day

Hi. I just bought Total protection 2010 and it seems that update is very rarely( per day). Before i had another security suite and update was more frequently .Am I truely protected with Mcafee? I know that more update in short time =more protection. By the way, how many updates per day offer Mcafee products?

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: How many updates per day

Actual updates occur usually once per day, sometimes more often, but the SecurityCenter polls (checks) for updates every few hours.

octaviancosmin
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

And only one update per day is enough to ensure a good protection? Daily it apears many many viruses and another malware.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

One per day is fairly normal for security applications.  I know some are more frequent and others are less frequent.   It used to be once per week at one time so this is an improvement.

If there is a huge threat then updates occur as and when necessary.

octaviancosmin
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Are McAfee products less effective than other security products that ensure more updates per day?

There is a security threat that Mcafee ensure so rare updates?

I whold like to know how McAfee total protection ensure protection to my computer when I introduce an USB stick in my PC because many malware spread by this way .Thank you.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

A daily update is hardly what you describe as "so rare updates".  Not many applications update more often.

If your USB stick has something bad that is in the database it will be detected, also the antivirus has a heuristic detection engine that constantly refers to an online database for anything unknown, that happens at any time not just once per day.

No antivirus in the world is 100% guaranteed to protect you from everything out there.   You have to exercise due caution and always be on the lookout for anything bad and keep your system totally up to date, even applications that you may not use.

I always advise people to keep a good anti-spyware application or two handy and updated just in case.

I use SpywareBlaster and Malwarebytes Free myself.

octaviancosmin
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

There is any conflicts betwen Mcafee total protection and Malwarebytes free? Because I whoul like to install to my omputer this product(malwarebytes free). thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

No conflicts with the free version as far as I know.

They also have a support forum:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/10/10 5:29:39 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community