cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomJeffries
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

How do you Change the Timing of Scheduled Scan

A scheduled (recurring) scan is automatically made each Friday morning.  As I trade Forex, I need  my machine to be at full power VERY early in the morning (when this occurs).  The scan ties up my machine for over an hour at the worst possible time.  Is there a way to change the time that the automatic scan is run?

Thanks

Tom Jeffries

5 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do you Change the Timing of Scheduled Scan

Hi Tom,

Sure we could set a time to schedule scan timings , May I know what does the user interface look like when you open your security center ?

Does it say Am I protected YES or Your computer is secure ??

Regards,

Dinesh K

TomJeffries
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hi Dinesh,

My user interface shows a large green circle with a check mark and Am I Protected? Yes

Thanks

Tom Jeffries

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Open security center & on the top you`ll see computer & files.Click that.Then about 3/4 of the way down on the right,click configure.when it goes to the next page(virus protection enabled) click Advanced.You will see a button on the upper left side.I think it is the 3rd 1 down.It says scheduled scan.click that and you can change the day and the time of day.Make sure on the top that scheduled scan enabled is checked off.Hope that helps                                    Newjack

TomJeffries
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Newjack, it did exactly what I wanted....

Tom

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Cool ,glad i could help someone.There are basically a few people on here that do the majority of work here(for free,i might add)so if i know an answer i will try and help.I am sure some of the others would appreciate it also.                                     Jack

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community