cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 15

Re: How do I remove folder called "Mcafee Vaults"?

Jump to solution

hum. I am not sure what to say - you can uninstall it as previously mentioned - just uninstall All Access, and reinstall with the options you want.

As I said before - it's NOT a folder. It's a namespace extension - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/cc144095%28v=vs.85%29.aspx so please, don't think about it as a folder you can't delete - it's not a folder at all, it does not exist on your disk as a folder even. It's just an icon in Windows which Windows uses to give you the ability to do cool things. Much like the control panel icon, the printer icon, the fonts icon etc - there are dozens of them.

There's lots of things in Windows you can't delete. I am a little surprised you're so upset about the Vault icon - if you don't want to use it, and don't want to uninstall it, then perhaps, just ignore it?

majiktom
Former Member
Message 12 of 15

Jump to solution

This is a problem I encountered 4 years ago and after several hours of calling McAfee and 20 some odd tickets later, I figured it out myself. 4 Years later, I had to do it again and couldn't remember. Several hours later of talking to techs who didn't know what they were doing, I figured it out for myself, again.

First, you have to uninstall McAfee using the MCPR tool mcaf.ee/mcpr.

Then, browse to the folder containing the "McAfee Vault" folder.

Right click the folder.

Click Properties.

Click Security.

Click Advanced.

Delete the "Everyone" user which is "Denied".

Apply and exit the windows with "OK,OK..."

Delete the folder.

Cause: McAfee changes the security settings for "Everyone" on the "McAfee Vault" folder. Amazing that they still don't have this in their knowledge base...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 15

Jump to solution

Thanks, I've passed that on

---

Peter

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 15

Re: Re: How do I remove folder called "Mcafee Vaults"?

Jump to solution

majiktom wrote:

This is a problem I encountered 4 years ago and after several hours of calling McAfee and 20 some odd tickets later, I figured it out myself. 4 Years later, I had to do it again and couldn't remember. Several hours later of talking to techs who didn't know what they were doing, I figured it out for myself, again.

First, you have to uninstall McAfee using the MCPR tool mcaf.ee/mcpr.

Then, browse to the folder containing the "McAfee Vault" folder.

Right click the folder.

Click Properties.

Click Security.

Click Advanced.

Delete the "Everyone" user which is "Denied".

Apply and exit the windows with "OK,OK..."

Delete the folder.

Cause: McAfee changes the security settings for "Everyone" on the "McAfee Vault" folder. Amazing that they still don't have this in their knowledge base...

Hi

You are posting a workaround for a different problem; the OP was not able to delete "McAfee Vault" icon in My Documents (Library pane on the left) and is not a folder in Windows Explorer.

Am pretty sure the steps are done as part of Tier 2 troubleshooting already.

DuaneBecker
Contributor II
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

I too am having the same problem try to rid Vault. But still no solution from McAfee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community