cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dberry2010
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

How do I get live CS and help with Personal firewall refusing to verify my subscription?

I have just spent 30 minutes trying to post the following to Tech Support Chat but it tells me that I must first download the Chat Client and then takes me back to the service.mcafee.com home page and I can't find the chat client. I have no way to get any tech support for this and am getting very frustrated! What do I do, other than uninstall McAfee and go to a competitor?

Service Request number is:  437561607

On Friday I had to switch from DSL to Comcast because there is no DSL service at my new location. Now, McAfee keeps telling me that my subscription must be verified, but when I click Verify Now, I get  the following: "There is a problem verifying your subscription at this time. Make sure you've registered your software—by selecting Product Setup from the M icon in the system tray—and then try again. If you've already registered, try verifying your subscription later."  I have run McAfee Virtual Technician and read and applied relevant info I found in the FAQs, but nothing has helped. I have tried to get tech support through your live chat, but am told to first download the Chat Client first, which I can't find because the link takes me back to service.mafee,.com home page. If anyone gets this message please help.

Thank you.

9 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do I get live CS and help with Personal firewall refusing to verify my subscription?

Hi David Berry,

You can always contact McAfee Technical Support or Customer service for any kind of assistance with regards to your McAfee subscription, here are the contact details :

McAfee Technical Support :  866 611 2148

McAfee Customer Service  : 866-622-3911

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

dberry2010
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Re: How do I get live CS and help with Personal firewall refusing to verify my subscription?

If I call tech support, I have to pay for it according to the site. I have read the Document ID: TS100762 "How to troubleshoot a Verify Subscription message" and followed all they don't help either. The link http://us.mcafee.com/apps/agent/tools/ts/ts_getemail_new.asp in the document goes to a blank page. Maddening. I'll try calling the tech support numbers later when I have time and see how much they want to soak me for to get their product working again. Will report back if I find a solution.

dberry2010
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

I called the tech support number, and just as I thought - I have to buy a pin number and pay for the call, which I refuse to do. So, to summarize, this product that I purchased which still has some months left in the subscription is giving me warnings that there are issues with the firewall, I can't fix it myself, the link in the document on how to fix it takes me to a blank page, I can't do the free live chat with tech support because I can't find a way to download the chat client and so I'm forced to go to the fee-based phone support, if I want the product I have already paid for to work correctly. I get how this works now, and McAfee has lost a customer. I am a customer service manager for an international company that is primarily e-commerce based, and am thankful my company's policy regarding how they treat their customer is way better than this. Sorry if I sound a mite testy, but I have been moving for the past month and my life has been in massive upheaval through the holidays, and I just want my stuff to work again the way it used to! Is that too much to ask?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

Dave, Rakesh gave both numbers in case you needed them but he did say that Customer Service deal with subscription issues and their phone lines are free.

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Average contact length: 10  minutes
Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

All that says is that long distance charges may apply in some cases.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/10 6:45:35 EST AM
dberry2010
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

I called the free  customer support # and was told that it is a tech support issue and that they can't help me, and that I have to use the free live chat that doesn't work for me or call the pay-per call tech support line. I politely but firmly persisted and was switched to a supervisor who was able to give me a direct line to tech support and a free pin # so i don't have to pay for the call. I'll call them this evening when I get home from work.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 10

Well I guess they know best...I live and I learn...!   There's always the free Technical Support online chat http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=4105&sg=TS if all else fails.

Also McAfee offers free Priority Telephone Support for the first 30 days after you activate your new product. If you recently purchased your McAfee software from mcafee.com or from a retail store, then you are eligible for this offer.

dberry2010
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

Well, I've just learned that I need to use Internet Explorer and not Google Chrome if I want to get anywhere on the McAfee site. The chat cleint and installer don't work with chrome. I switched to Explorer, uninstalled and reinstaled Security Suite, and everything works. Sometimes it just takes a while for me to catch on to the blatantly obvious!

dberry2010
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Lesson for today: McAfee chat client and installer don't work with Google chrome - use Internet Explorer for these.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Glad you've sorted it out.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community