Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stray-cat
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

How Do I Create A Shortcut?

Jump to solution

I know, it's a simple thing but it's been one of those days for me. Can someone please tell me how to create the McAfee shortcut to place on my desktop? I just re-installed McAfee again but wasn't asked whether I want a shortcut or not. I've been looking around the program files for the application that opens McAfee so I could right click it and create a shortcut, wasn't successful. I'm running Windows 8. Thanks in advance. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: How Do I Create A Shortcut?

Jump to solution
stray-cat
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Didn't know there were this many ways to create one. Thanks for your reply and the useful link.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

You're welcome 😉

There's also a useful forum run by the same guy here:  http://www.eightforums.com/

stray-cat
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I don't want to beat this to death but............I just found an alternative way to create the McAfee desktop shortcut by complete accident. For Windows 8 users the McAfee App firstly has to be pinned to Start, then right click it and from the menu at the bottom of the screen choose "Open File Loccation". Windows will then switch from Start to the Desktop while opening Explorer and taking you directly to the shortcut. This is where it can be right clicked and added or sent to the desktop as a shortcut. This should also work for all, or at least most, apps if for some reason you are missing a shortcut on your desktop. Hope this helps others out there.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Good and thanks for posting that.  I have 8.1 but use a hack to give me a 7-looking desktop and start menu so for me I wasn't quite sure if thingd work the same in 8.1 as they do in 8.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community