cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damage
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

History report never shows

The title might be slightly misleading because after waiting 15 minutes of the report not responding, I usually give up.

To get the report, I click Navigate -> Security History  and it just sits there with a please wait message.

Where are the logs? Is there a way to clean them up or clear them in case there is some corruption? I am told I have had a couple threats cleaned up but without being able to get details, that information is a little useless.

The version is the current one, Anti-Virus Plus 18.0.5011. Perhaps the About version info should be able to copy and paste to make adding this info easier?

Thanks for any help.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: History report never shows

It is a known issue and has been reported on the community before.   On mine it appears after a long time one day and then on another it wont appear at all.

The history is supposed to self-destruct at 30 days (I believe it's 30).   I've found it works immediately on new installations and then gets progressively slower as time wears on.

I would open a  case with Technical Support if you are prepared to help them find a fix for it.

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community