cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheiladderr
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

HELP! New Hard Drive, need McAffee back!

Jump to solution

Our Dell laptop harddrive crashed last night. While Dell is sending a replacement hard drive, I'm worried that I'm going to lose the remaining time on my McAfee subscription.  This is probably a stupid question, but I'm not so familiar with how this works so I'm going to ask anyway. Is there any way to get the rest of my McAfee onto the new hard drive myself without having to pay someone to transfer it from the old hard drive? Or without having to pay for a new subscription right now? I can't afford to do either right now and am hoping there's a way for me to do it myself.

Thanks for the help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: HELP! New Hard Drive, need McAffee back!

Jump to solution

Hi,

You could reinstall McAfee by login to your McAfee account. Here is the steps to reinstall McAfee. If in case the account page shows that license has been over used, you could follow these steps to deactivate the previously used licence.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

You just need to go to this page, log in and download the software again:  https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx?affid=105

Deepu_S
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

You could reinstall McAfee by login to your McAfee account. Here is the steps to reinstall McAfee. If in case the account page shows that license has been over used, you could follow these steps to deactivate the previously used licence.

sheiladderr
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you! I'll check this out when we get the new hard drive installed. Thanks so much for the quick responses!

sheiladderr
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Sorry, new to this forum and hoped I could mark both of your responses as the correct one because they both were correct. Thank you so much! It worked and we have McAfee back on the computer with the new hard drive.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it and good luck.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/10/10 8:00:16 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community