cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samson2581
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Gmail issue after uninstalling Gmail

I set up a Gmail account in July.  Two days later I uninstalled that Gmail through Add/Remove Programs.  But it did not uninstall from my connected accounts.  After checking with Outlook through Microsoft, I was told it is a Google problem.   I got ahold of Google and was immediately told it was probably a virus and they wanted to get into my computer.  When I said no, I only allow McAfee in, they tried to get me to drop McAfee and use them and I said no

, so they hung up on me.  This Gmail icon that is in my Outlook connected accounts is just sitting there.  If I click on it, there is no option to remove it.  It only gives an option to log in.  I uninstalled and cancelled my Gmail account so there is no account to log into to.   The reason I uninstalled the Gmail account was because it affected my Outlook Mail App, not allowing me to sync my folders.  All was working fine with the Mail App until I opened a Gmail account.  I still can't sync my Mail App, so I am assuming that Gmail connected account is still causing that issue.  I don't believe I have a virus as Google says.   Nothing show in my scans, and my computer works fine except for the Mail App Sync issue.   Does anyone have an idea how to remove that connected Gmail account?

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Gmail issue after uninstalling Gmail

What McAfee product are we talking about here? Also what operating system?

samson2581
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I have McAfee Plus, Windows 10, Hotmail/Outlook, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.  Operating system 32 bit.

Dell Lap Top.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion as a better spot for this.

I'm not sure what the above question has to do with McAfee/Intel but you could try Technical Support:

Technical Support/Customer Service

Otherwise try a Windows 10 forum perhaps.

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I feel your computer may have acquired some type of infection which may or may not have necessarily happened when you downloaded Gmail. This may have even happened while innocently surfing the internet on a legitimate site you go to frequently but regardless of what happened it appears to me that you may indeed be infected.

My suggestion is to utilize some of the tools included in

May I suggest the McAfee Stinger tool and Malwarebytes to begin starting to resolve your issue. I am sure some of the other moderators may chime in and add to this discussion and suggest additional ways to help you

Good Luck

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community