cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
counselor480
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Fire Wall and Anti-Spam Deactivation during updates.

I seem to be having an issue with the Fire Wall and Anti-Spam turning off when my McAfee updates and the only way I can turn it back on is to go into the administrator account and turn it back on.  I can not turn it on in either the Guest or Standard Accounts.  I have Windows IE9 and Vista. 

2 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fire Wall and Anti-Spam Deactivation during updates.

I see this only occasionally. What version of Firewall and Security Center have you got?

And yes, the question of which accounts can and cannot modify Security Center settings is something the mods have been discussing among themselves today. I think settings can only be changed in an Administrator-privilege account, and that's by design. If malware hits you in a User or Guest account then preventing escalation of privileges is the best way to minimise the scope of the damage, and that applies especially to preventing modifications of McAfee programs.

counselor480
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fire Wall and Anti-Spam Deactivation during updates.

I have the McAfee Total Protection.  McAfee Security Center Version 12.1. Anti virus anti spyware version 16.1.McAfee Personal Firewall Version 13.1. McAfee Anti Span Version 13.1. 

It just seems that every time McAfee does an update It turns off the firewall and the anti spam services.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community