Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demented
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Extend (update) subscription

Extend subscription with new product key

Hello,

I have a question about renew/replace Total Protection subscription.  If this has been discussed in another post, please direct me to that post. 

I currently have 2011 Total Protection 3-licence.  It is installed on 3 computers.  The subscription is expiring in 2 weeks.  The McAfee website only has the option to Renew online.  However I purchased a 2012 Total Protection CD with new Product Key.  So how do I replace the current subscription with the new one? 

It looks like the only option I can think of is to uninstall the current McAfee and install the newer version from the CD; then activate with the new product key?  And do I have to do this for each of the 3 computers?

Should be able to manage current subscriptions and append a like product key to an existing one, have it extend life by the term of the key. (used o be able to easily do this before site redesgned.) Found a clunky way to do about 6 mo ago for different account, have other customers unable to do this now, can not find it anymore either.

Thank you.

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Extend (update) subscription

If it is same product ie Total protection you should be able to do it but these questions best handled by customer service techs they are doing them many times a day.

http://service.mcafee.com/

choose customer service and good luck

pusaqall
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Extend (update) subscription

Renewing your subscription is like having a fresh and new account. What I did last year is I simply buy a new version and I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new one. I didn't get any problems with that.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community