Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Idyllist
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Error in synchronization

Hello,

Soon before expire my 1y subscription of the program I bought a renew packet for 5 devices. In my account I saw it is ok. But when I triggered synchronization the subscription in the app in my phone, it appear an error message 403.Please help and tell me what to do? Is everything alright. Am I protected from viruses?

BRGDS

M-r Lukov 

2 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 3

Re: Error in synchronization

Hi @Idyllist 

Greetings from McAfee

Kindly follow below steps to fix this issue.

1. Open Mobile Settings.
  2. Choose About Phone or About Tablet or About Device. Note that this will appear slightly differently depending on the model, and whether you have a smartphone or a tablet.
  3. Choose Device Name.
  4. Enter the new name (Avoid using special character)
  5. Choose Done.
  6. Reinstall McAfee and activate.

For more support you can connect with our McAfee Consumer Support.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Edward Franso 

Idyllist
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Error in synchronization

Hello again. 

Thank you for the fast reply. But the think is that my phone is the same as before. I haven't change it. Only increase my subscription. And it is showing in my account the right phone name and the exceeded validity of the program.  But when I press synchronization in the McAfee app in the phone, than this error appear and doesn't synchronize it. Shall I reinstall it. Why the synchronization doesn't work after my payment.

Thank you!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community