Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrostFA
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Error 6123 re Quickbooks

Jump to solution

I am unable to open my company files in Quickbooks 2017 US version due to an Error 6123 which I have been advised by Intuit is due to my McAfee security software. Need this corrected urgently.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 11

Re: Error 6123 re Quickbooks

Jump to solution

Locking the thread as the fix has been included in McAfee security version 16.0 where the VirusScan version is 21.4.145

Follow steps outlined below to obtain the referenced build

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...

Cheers

Sanjay S

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
martyworthy
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution
I uninstalled McAfee and was then able to get back into Quickbooks. (I also updated QB and downloaded QB file doctor.) I have spent about 8 hours on this. I still have 6 more company files I need to update in order to access all my bookkeeping. And then I have to do the same thing on another computer. Maybe I will then reinstall McAfee if I have not completely lost it.
shiruw
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

I uninstalled my McAfee software and am now able to get into my company on Quickbook.  Unfortunately, I lost a week before I found that the Error 6123 was linked to the McAfee application.  At this point, I will be using an alternative security software as Quickbooks is a critical tool for my company bookkeeping.   

rickyk
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution
Better wait until McAfee gets it fixed before reinstalling. Ours runs QB without McAfee installed but it is not usable with McAfee. I went back to Microsoft Security Essentials until McAfee is fixed.
LisaAltitude
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

What a total nightmare McAfee has created with this conflict with QuickBooks - only the most widely used accounting software in the country!  My business partner has been dealing with this for weeks with no answer and now I'm having the issue!  I sincerely hope they are working hard on this.  I have to access my QB files on a totally different computer not running McAfee.  Yuk!

verythingltd
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution

Uninstall McAfee.  I wasted an entire day on this problem.

ronv
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

I just got off a chat with McAfee support and they acknowledged an existing critical issue with the current (as of 8/15/2018) version of McAfee and Quickbooks 2017.  The problem is when you start QB the McAfee process MFEVTPS.EXE uses virtually all cpu resources rendering the PC unusable and requiring the reboot of the PC.  Since this critically affects businesses using QB I asked if they could pull the defective version and post the prior version till this issue is resolved.  They declined stating that people could either wait for the fix, upgrade to QB2018, or uninstall McAfee and use Windows security.  I need to access QB for my business so I'm going to uninstall McAfee and install Norton till this is fixed. It took me about 2 days to figure out what the issue was, so I'm hoping this post will help people who are having this issue.

RobinRossHHI
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution

After four days and seemingly endless hours trying to figure out why Quickbooks wouldn't open, I finally uninstalled McAfee. Quickbooks opened up immediately. I downloaded a free antivirus software and going to ask for my subscription money back. I lost days with this issue.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

Hi All

McAfee is aware of this and is working towards a solution. See article TS102842 for more details

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 11

Jump to solution

UPDATE: The fix is included in McAfee security version 16.0 where the VirusScan version is 21.4.145

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community