cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 1 of 1

Does McAfee having problem with protecting our computers ?

Sometimes I visit independent labs which tests antivirusproducts. Tonight I looked at AV-comperatives september real world testresults. It was not a pleasant visit. In the test McAfee placed itself at number 18 out of 20 participating vendors. I have newer seen that McAfee has had such a bad result before. It scored worse than the built in protection that windows offers. Is this what we pay for ? Either there were something wrong with the test procedure (which I doubt) or McAfee having big problems !  I do expect that a program that I pay for to protect my computer will do a better job than microsofts . I mean even microsoft recommends users to install another product than it´s own. But if McAfee repeats the result of this test it seems to be of no use.AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Real World Protection Test Overview You can watch the test result by following the link.

JW

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community