Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboG
Contributor II
Message 1 of 12

Did the Dept of Defense (DoD) Renew their Home Use Benefit

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if the DoD renewed their license for their home users? The DoD agency responsible for the renewal would have been Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Product is 3-User McAfee Internet Security.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 12

Re: Did the Dept of Defense (DoD) Renew their Home Use Benefit

Jump to solution

Hi @TurboG 

We are sorry to say that we don't have any relevant information on this. Please let us know if you have any other concerns or if you need technical assistance please visit our chat support by clicking the below link

McAfee Consumer Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @TurboG 

We are sorry to say that we don't have any relevant information on this. Please let us know if you have any other concerns or if you need technical assistance please visit our chat support by clicking the below link

McAfee Consumer Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Hari

JohnA
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Don't give the answer...we don't know.   Find out.

David_Hultberg
Contributor II
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

The DOD did renew the home use program until 22 MAR 2023. There is a known problem with at least the Windows home use web page, www.mcafee.com/windows/dod.  After entering the company code, your DOD email and clicking get mail, you get a popup window stating "You’ve entered a product code that’s already been used to redeem a McAfee product. Go to your My Account page to download your product and start protecting your computer against viruses, spyware, and other threats." You never get the email to download the software. McAfee tells me their engineers are working on the problem, but there is no estimated time on how long it will take.

TurboG
Contributor II
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. FYI, my subscription just went from "expired", to expiring in eight (8) days (now on 30 March 22). I guess that is progress. 

David_Hultberg
Contributor II
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Has anyone been able to successfully renew their DOD McAfee Home Use Program subscription? I have  had several online line chats with McAfee support and they even called me once. They admitted that they have a known problem and will contact me when it is resolved. Today they closed my ticket without fixing the problem.

TurboG
Contributor II
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

After a 8 day extension (until about now), the SW is set to expire again tonight. DISA's site says the contract was renewed for a year (and the time stamp on the webpage is recent). I tried to re-download using the org code provided thinking the code may have changed from last year, but it says "You have entered a product key that has already been used to download a McAfee product..." Not sure where the issue is. I would speculate a disconnect between DISA's contracting officer and McAfee. Wish they'd figure this out.

Viewer_xyellow
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

You can find out more at https://public.cyber.mil/mcafee-home-use-solutions but unfortunately McAfee is having an issue with DoD licenses so even though you may get the code, it doesn't work.  McAfee  support has indicated they're working on it so may as well get your license.

David_Hultberg
Contributor II
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

I just had a conversation with the DISA help desk. Apparently DISA updated their webpage to indicate the new contract expiration date, but not update the company code to the number for the new contract. No estimate of when the webpage will be corrected.

TurboG
Contributor II
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

Well someone dropped the ball (probably DITCO) . Status now shows "expired". And they wonder my morale is low.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community