Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javanut4673
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

DIO3E99.TMP

Jump to solution

Recently did a "clean up" using McAfee. Everything went well McAfee was unable to remove DIO3E99.TMP. Is this something that I should be worried about. I can't seem to find any information on this and I am not sure why McAfee can't remove it. Can anyone help identify this and tell me why can't it be removed as well as how to get rid of it? Is this dangerous?

Message was edited by: javanut4673 on 9/20/12 10:40:48 PM CDT

Message was edited by: javanut4673 on 9/20/12 10:41:13 PM CDT

Message was edited by: javanut4673 on 9/20/12 10:48:12 PM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: DIO3E99.TMP

Jump to solution

I assume the file was open. Reboot the PC and rescan. It is a tmp file so do a windows disk cleanup it can delete temp files easily..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

I assume the file was open. Reboot the PC and rescan. It is a tmp file so do a windows disk cleanup it can delete temp files easily..

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

The file will be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

There are two reports elsewhere (France and Germany) of this file turning up in lists of files generated by malware-scanning tools but there's no indication there that it's a malicious file.

As Tony said above, a disk clean-up utility should get rid of it. If you have any doubts run a McAfee scan and then run Malwarebytes.

javanut4673
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

To Respondents,

IT WORKED. Rebooted, ran McAfee again and it was gone.  THANKS!!!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

No problem Glad you OK now

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community