Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 1 of 2

Covered machines in "My Account"

Jump to solution

I have a laptop and a desktop listed as covered machines in "my account" as it should be.

My problem is the names of these machines especially the desktop. I have renewed McAfee at least 3 computers ago over a 6 year period. How do I know that the name on the desktop listed in my account is the one I am working on now? This machine is about a year and a half old and would have been put in use during a previous subscription. At the time I downloaded the program to the then "new" machine would McAfee have identified it differently from the previous machine? None of the letters or numbers as identifiers look anything like identity numbers for either machine.

Thanks

Sicnarf

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Covered machines in "My Account"

Jump to solution

Hi @Sicnarf 

Open Installed McAfee application at the top click on My info TAB> and click> Protect home network will display the information of your computer currently that you are working on. Press and hold the Windows key, then press the Pause/Break key. Your computer name can be found under the Computer name if you are using Windows computer.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

McAfee Technical support 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Covered machines in "My Account"

Jump to solution

Hi @Sicnarf 

Open Installed McAfee application at the top click on My info TAB> and click> Protect home network will display the information of your computer currently that you are working on. Press and hold the Windows key, then press the Pause/Break key. Your computer name can be found under the Computer name if you are using Windows computer.

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

McAfee Technical support 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community