Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninoncsu
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Comparison of Different Products

Jump to solution

I am having a lot of difficulty understanding McAfee’s different products and what they do. I have been using McAfee Live Safe and Security Scan Plus for a couple of years. It came preinstalled on my HP desktop all in one. I’m uncertain what are their differences and whether I need both. Security Scan Plus has virus, spyware, firewall and threat detection protections, but it says I have no web protection and recommends I install McAfee WebAdvisor. However, on McAfee’s website I cannot find any “WebAdvisor” download. The McAfee website promotes most prominently McAfee “Total Protection”. It’s a lot less expensive than Live Safe/Security Scan Plus, but I can’t tell any differences. I assume “Total Protection” provides less protection than McAfee Live Safe and Security Scan Plus. I only have one PC so I don’t need to protect multiple devices. How do I figure out what I need and don’t need. I have issues right now with the adware program “SavingsC00L” but it won’t uninstall and Live Safe/Security Scan Plus don’t flag it as an issue. What is the optimal and broadest scope of protection McAfee can provide? Thanks for anyone’s thoughts or ideas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

Re: Comparison of Different Products

Jump to solution

First link shows what they have in them though not everything for instance Livesafe has antispam will try to find a better link

Google shows several links though rather not post them here.

Some comments

"There is no such big difference between McAfee Total protection and McAfee Livesafe, except some of the features like prices McAfee Total protection is available in around $24.99 while McAfee Livesafe is at $25.99. There is one more thing which makes a difference between the two products is Secure Cloud Storage"

Ok this one

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-mcafee-livesafe-and-total-protection/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/mymcafee/compare.html

re Security scan plus remove it it is only a marketing tool and of no use if you have a McAfee product installed

Several suggestions for savingscool removal

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-savingscool-removal/

ninoncsu
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

My question was what is the difference between McAfee LiveSafe and Total Protection, as compared to each other, not as compared to competitors' products. That is why I did not check this as an acceptable answer.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

First link shows what they have in them though not everything for instance Livesafe has antispam will try to find a better link

Google shows several links though rather not post them here.

Some comments

"There is no such big difference between McAfee Total protection and McAfee Livesafe, except some of the features like prices McAfee Total protection is available in around $24.99 while McAfee Livesafe is at $25.99. There is one more thing which makes a difference between the two products is Secure Cloud Storage"

Ok this one

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-mcafee-livesafe-and-total-protection/

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community