cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 15

Re: Comcast switch to Norton

If you want to ask call Customer service and say who you are from and see if what offer is available.

oldengine
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Peace keeper, Too late - I already bought McAfee for all my systems.

Delta78, I didn't write that. Comcast did and that's their opinion, not mine.

Site advisor? Who needs it - I don't!

I want the simplest, uncluttered form of protection and McAfee does it just fine.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 15

oldengine,

Thanks for the boost and good luck to you.

spede1
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

I personally prefer McAfee over Norton.  I couldn't care less if Norton installs faster, it doesnt make it the best. I also couldn't care less if Norton scans faster, just have it scan when you're not using the computer.  McAfee only seems to update once every day to day and a half though.

McAfee could/should also incorporate some of the same technology that Norton has like download insight, I do like the alert popping up telling you if the file is "safe" or not.

And despite some reviews of Norton being highly rated, I still question it's effectiveness at stopping and eliminating viruses and malware.  Norton also has horrid customer service, I think McAfee comes out ahead, slightly, in that area.

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 15

Thanks for your comments. If there is an urgent dat the every 4 hrs check with update to it so you are not that far behind.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community