cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trudgeon
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

Comcast switch to Norton

As I have been made aware, Comcast is switching it's free service to Norton. As I have been with Mcafee for years, first as a paid subscriber, then free from Comcast, I wish to stay with Mcafee.

Does anyone know the process, and cost for up to 3 computers, on how to stay with Mcafee but switching to a paid customer?

14 Replies
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 15

Re: Comcast switch to Norton

First you have to unnstall the Comcast version and you might want to follow the steps in this document: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...). Otherwise your computer will still try to get the updates/DAT file signatures from the Comcast website.

Then check the McAfee website to choose your product/download and install. See: http://home.mcafee.com/Store/Store7.aspx?cid=11344

oldengine
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

From the Horse's mouth...

Why is Comcast switching from McAfee to Norton?

We are always looking at different ways to improve our customers' security and safety.  As we look for ways to improve your security, we evaluate the best offers and products to meet your needs.

Norton Security Suite powered by Norton 360 technology scans faster, boots faster, uses less memory and installs faster than McAfee*
* Comparison based on Antivirus, Internet Security and Total Security Performance Benchmarking, Edition 4, by PassMark Software Pty., Ltd. ( March 2009).

Personally, I think this rots and I will be purchasing my own version direct from McAfee.

SashaO
Former Member
Message 4 of 15

Are there any initiatives from McAffee for comcast customers to stay with McAffee instead of switching to Norton? I like the product and would like to stay if McAffee cares about me staying.

McAffee, any word on this?

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 15

Will ask

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 15

Passed on up the line wait and see what the response.

Delta78
Former Member
Message 7 of 15

I certainly believe Norton technology is much faster than McAfee. For example, I have 5 websites that were submitted to McAfee SiteAdvisor and to Norton SafeWeb fortesting. Just guess!!! I know you can't wait for the answer, so here goes.

Norton took less than a week and and all sites were verified and got the green light. McAfee on the other hand has not verified the sites yet and it's now going on for 2 months. I personally know who's technology is faster. Yes you got it - Norton. The winner. Norton technology for me is great!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 15

Delta78...stop flaming everywhere or else you'll be banned.

Delta78
Former Member
Message 9 of 15

ExBrit,

As I thought, this site is sanitised. This is not a real forum.

Banning me will show you have no guts!! Take the easy way out.

I do agree with this extract from OldEngine'; post. "

Norton Security Suite powered by Norton 360 technology scans faster, boots faster, uses less memory and installs faster than McAfee*
* Comparison based on Antivirus, Internet Security and Total Security Performance Benchmarking, Edition 4, by PassMark Software Pty., Ltd. ( March 2009).

I agree wholehartedly!!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 15

Delta,

This site does not ban people for being displeased, or even voicing that displeasure, providing it is done in a way that doesn't offend other users of the site. By posting to multiple, unrelated threads, you are spamming. This is your last warning. Please stop spamming threads, or you will be banned.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community