cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subha
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

Cannot reactivate McAfee SecurityCenter (Windows)

I have McAfee SecurityCentre(Windows) given with my Dell Studio 1555,,recently i formated my laptop and reinstalled McAfee....but now I cannot reactivate McAfee...It gives Message"We're sorry,but we're having trouble activating your McAfee products......"

What to do?

Message was edited by: subha on 1/1/10 7:09:14 AM CST
14 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 15

Re: Cannot reactivate McAfee SecurityCenter (Windows)

Hi subha,

Can you provide some information like;

What is the operating system in the computer?

Do we have any other security software installed along with the computer ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

subha
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

Windows 7 Home premium.....No, i dont have any other AV

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 15

Hi ,

Please try the following steps to activate the programs:

1. Reset Internet explorer,

2. Click the Windows Button and type cmd.exe into the search bar.

3. Right-click cmd.exe in the search list, and select Run as Administrator.

4. Type the following text, then press ENTER:

c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcoemmgr.exe /regserver

5. Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, Activate Now, Register, or Register Now/product setup

and Follow the instructions.

Kindly let me know if you have any issues on the same.

Regards,

Dinesh K

someone_moderat
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Hey why you will reactivate ..................login in with your existing id and password which you have got at first time activation...............

there are two simple methods.........if you have existing mcafee account with a valid subscription follow these simple steps..............

method 1. at first go to mcafee site and login in your account download yourprogram and install it ...........

and the second method is

method 2. install mcafee from ur cd and then go to product setup option then click on login which u may get at top of the right corner and then enter ur subscribed mcafee email id and password.................you will get your program will be activated which will valid till when ur subscription was vaid before formatting ur laptop.............  go to the following site to see ur subscription status https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx........................bye have a nice day happy new year

subha
Former Member
Message 6 of 15

Method 1:When I try to download it says I have no net connection though i have one...

Method 2:Same problem here also..

subha
Former Member
Message 7 of 15

@Dinz Doesn't work sir...

on 1/1/10 9:48:50 AM CST
Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 15

Check and delete if you have any other security software remnants from C:/program files and common files.

Restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key , from the windows advanced boot options menu select safe mode with networking, (ignore this step if you are using a wireless connection)

Run the preinstall tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe and then install the programs from your account page.

Regards,

Dinesh K

subha
Former Member
Message 9 of 15

Did not work ,,same problem here also...

someone_moderat
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

can you able to see your product status by login on https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx. Check your product status. If you have a valid subscription then go to online mcafee support http://home.mcafee.com/Root/Support.aspx?page=Support. And call any technical executive to help you remotely...........

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community