Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jankal
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Cannot install Total Protection on a second PC

Jump to solution

I'm using Total Protection with 3 licenses. Now I want to install 1 of licenses on à 2nd PC, but IT does not work. I only get LiveSafe. I have removed à trial version of LiveSafe. Would appreciate any help to Solve this issue.

Regards

Jan Källse

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot install Total Protection on a second PC

Jump to solution

When you removed the trial version did you use the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot before trying the new installation?

Also you can't use the same installer you already used on your first machine.  To install the second license, go to your online account and download from there.

Any problems, please contact Technical Support, it's free:  Technical Support & Customer Service

​ or ​ can you move this to Consumer General please?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

When you removed the trial version did you use the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot before trying the new installation?

Also you can't use the same installer you already used on your first machine.  To install the second license, go to your online account and download from there.

Any problems, please contact Technical Support, it's free:  Technical Support & Customer Service

​ or ​ can you move this to Consumer General please?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Moved from Other McAfee Consumer Products to Consumer General.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hayton wrote:

Moved from Other McAfee Consumer Products to Consumer General.

Thanks.

jankal
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

It did work by using the removal tool. However, now I get the message that my PC is vulnerable and I cannot turn on the search in real time.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Exactly where are you seeing this message?   Did you "OK" a request to turn Secure Search on by any chance?

jankal
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

When I open McAfee Total Protection on My PC (Sony laptop, Win 7) I get information such as "Protection against viruses..", "McAfee updates", "Your subscriptions" etc. Furthermore it says: Your PC is exposed to risks. The first item (Protection) is red while the others are green. When I try to turn on Search in real time it becomes green but just for a second, then it turns red again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

In your browser click to the right of the little M at top right corner and then click Options and make sure it is set like this:

Capture1.JPG

Then run the Virtual Technician to check the other functions.  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

That should fix everything and your SecurityCenter should look like this:

Capture.JPG

If you then need more assistance open that MVT page again and click the Contact button in the Contact Support section (top left of the 4 choices there, right under the Virtual Technician link).

Technical Support is free of charge by phone or online chat and you can ask for escalation if they can't solve a problem at the first level.

jankal
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi again, After a  number of re-installations of Total Protection and a number of re-starts the PC is safe, at least according to McAfee. Many thanks for Your support in solving the problem. Best regards, Jan Källse PS I will now try to install Total Protection on a third PC. Hopefully it will be easier this time. DS

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Good luck 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community