Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aheath
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Cannot delete Malware software

Jump to solution

I tried to load MacAfee but cannot due to a program called Malwarebytes. I cannot delete the software, when I try I get a message c:\program files\Malwarebytes Anti Malware\ unins000.msg is missing.

How can I delete this software so I can load MacAfee. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Re: Cannot delete Malware software

Jump to solution

If you can't remove Malwarebytes prior to installing McAfee then run the Malwarebytes Clean Tool:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe and then try.

Install it again afterwards, but only the free version.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Moved to General Discussion

The .msg file is only a set of messages Malwarebytes needs to function properly. I'm uploading a copy of the file - copy it back into the Malwarebytes subdirectory and try uninstalling again.

Once you've installed McAfee you can re-install the free version of Malwarebytes and it won't cause any problems; I think it's just that the McAfee installer can't tell the difference between that and the Pro version, which does conflict with Mcafee. Either that or Malwarebytes has been left on the blacklist  🙂

Most of us have both programs and use both. The free version's not a problem once McAfee is up and running.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 22/02/12 05:49:54 GMT
flogger
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Those two softwares could basically co exist. I just dont know why yur system does not permit it. Did you use windows to uninstall it?

There is also an option for you to ask malwarebytes support, hopefully, they have extra steps on doing this.

aheath
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Hayton,

Thank you for replying.

It has been quite a few years since I worked with the commands What would the correct copy command be to copy the attachment to malware which resides in C\program files\malwarebutes anti-malware? Thank you. Arthur

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

If you can't remove Malwarebytes prior to installing McAfee then run the Malwarebytes Clean Tool:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe and then try.

Install it again afterwards, but only the free version.

mariav412
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

I just want to thank you for offering a solution to the problem above.  I tried so many other unsuccessful suggestions before finding this solution that finally made a difference. 

Maria

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

FYI mariav412 and any1 else reading this when you install Mcafee and it says found incompatible program ie Malwarebytes you can choose the skip option and the install will continue. Only do this if you have the free version of Malwarebytes. Posting this as it is not necessary to uninstall as I have done this 2 times in the past week and everything works fine.

mariav412
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding to my post.  We're cured  .

Maria

Message was edited by: mariav412 on 6/17/13 7:45:21 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community