Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VayaM
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Cancellation/refund for duplicate subscription

Jump to solution

I am writing to you with regards to a duplicate subscription for McAfee Livesafe (3 devices). My subscription was automatically renewed on 22/4/2021, and as I was not aware that automatic renewal was enabled by default in my account, a duplicate licence was purchased in error on the same day for the same product.

I have placed several requests through Customer Services to cancel this duplicate subscription and ask for a refund, however, the numbers provided in the emails or online are not contactable from Greece. I would therefore like to ask for your help in resolving this matter.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Re: Cancellation/refund for duplicate subscription

Jump to solution

Hello @VayaM 

We are sorry that the Auto Renewal price was high and it was charged without your notice.

Auto Renewal is a feature that helps renew your subscription automatically ensuring your devices/computers are protected continuously. Since the charged amount was high, we kindly request you to contact our support by accessing the below link,

McAfee Support

Our representative can check your account and also help you with any discounts if applicable so that you can continue using our product. Still, if you need refund, you can inform the representative and it will be addressed.

Since you are from Greece, you may contact the below Phone Support number,

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

A mod can help

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @VayaM 

We are sorry that the Auto Renewal price was high and it was charged without your notice.

Auto Renewal is a feature that helps renew your subscription automatically ensuring your devices/computers are protected continuously. Since the charged amount was high, we kindly request you to contact our support by accessing the below link,

McAfee Support

Our representative can check your account and also help you with any discounts if applicable so that you can continue using our product. Still, if you need refund, you can inform the representative and it will be addressed.

Since you are from Greece, you may contact the below Phone Support number,

Regards,
Madhan M

VayaM
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you for your immediate response.

I am afraid the solution offered did not quite solve my problem. I have made several requests to your Customer Service Support and all of them are answered.As if this was the only problem, the thelephone numbers given both to the answer aboveand the automated emails I received, are NOT contactable. I cannot get connected to one og your representatives. 

I am really sorry to say that I am really desatisfied with your company's cancellation policy, whereas at the same time you claim to offer a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. 

Since I have almost 30 days left on my old subscription, I request to cancel BOTH my new ones. 

FontsChoice
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks for your help. But I wasn't able to request for a refund, the automatic response said it wasn't eligible...

I have also cancelled the subscription, which said it will "expire in Sep 5" but I cannot stop it from charging me in August...For More

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community