cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krush
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Can't Install On Windows XP

I just got a new subscription and installed McAfee just fine on my two Windows Vista machines but when i try to install it on this Window XP machine I get a pop up telling me there was an error and that McAfee will try to fix it but then it basically just keeps repeating that. I did notice when using IE (I normally use firefox) the McAfee site doesn't load all of the download page correctly so i was thinking there was something related but I'm unable to pin point it.

Any help would be great. On a side note I did have McAfee installed on this machine previously had had no issues, the issues just came up when trying to install it now.

2 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't Install On Windows XP

Hi Krush,

I understand you are unable to install McAfee software on windows XP Machine & you receive a error. However i shall try my best to help you getting McAfee installed on your PC. Before we go ahead i require few information about your computer :

1. May i know the version of windows XP installed (Service pack 2 or 3)

2. May i know the IE version installed on your PC IE 6,7 or 8....?

3. Could you please post the error message here in your next reply ( If possible attach a screenshot)

4. Have you made any changes on your PC recently & is windows up to date....?

Looking forward for your reply for further assistance.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

Krush
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't Install On Windows XP

1. May i know the version of windows XP installed (Service pack 2 or 3)

Service Pack 2

2. May i know the IE version installed on your PC IE 6,7 or 8....?

IE8

3. Could you please post the error message here in your next reply ( If possible attach a screenshot)

We're having trouble installing your McAfee software. Click OK and wait while we fix the issue. Once fixed, we will automatically continue your installation from where it left off.

4. Have you made any changes on your PC recently & is windows up to date....?

Windows is up to date with the exception of being unable to update to Service Pack 3.

Message was edited by: Krush on 5/27/10 2:45:44 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community