Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiu
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Can I Have A Refund Please?

Hey,

How can I go about getting a refund?  At this point I have no faith in Mcafee at all.  Allow me to explain.  I have 2 laptops currently.  One runs Windows 8, which is quite well spec'd and I purely use for Music Production and occasional internet use (to authorise software and trusted websites etc etc).  The other is a cheap everyday use one that runs Windows 8.1.  A while back after a major Mcaffe update, the everyday use laptop just seized up.  Would take an age to load and was more or lless dead in the water.  After trying all the normal things I came across a post on the Mcaffe community pages where other people using Windows 8.1 were experiencing exactly the same issue.  After doing a complete reinstall on the laptop (and losing some unbacked up stuff in the process - yep, my own fault, but the laptop was only about 13 months old at this point) the laptop ran pefectly again.  Assuming this was a minor glitch from Mcaffe and keeping an eye on the community page, I added Mcaffe to the laptop about 6 months later and it has been okay since.

It seems putting it down to a one off issue was wrong though, as about 3 weeks ago I was using my Music Production laptop all day and Mcaffe kept wanting to restart for a major update.  I was in the middle of something so just did what I needed to do and shut the laptop down that evening.  A few days later I tried to start the laptop and it took over 2 hours just to get to the Windows login screen.  Then it just ground to a halt.  After about a week of trying the normal stuff I managed to get it to a point where I could (after a few hours) do stuff, although everything linked to Windows was taking ages.  Individual programs seemed to run fine though.  Anyway, to cut a long story short, I've been saving as much unfinished music as I could and to try and reduce the start up time of the laptop thought to just remove Mcaffe.  Well, after about 3 hours, I managed to and after a restart, the laptop is running great again!  Kicking myself that it wasn't the first thing I did 😕

So yeah, after 2 seperate occasions of Mcaffe's failiure, I have no f'in faith using this antivirus anymore, I want my money back.  Seems totally wrong that a service you're paying for can cause a laptop to appear as dead, and if it wasn't for my slight understanding and patience, I would of assumed the laptops were finished on both occasions.  I would bet vast sums of money that other users have.

Anyone else suffered the same BS or managed to get a refund?  I'm doubting the latter....

2 Replies
funsuk61
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I Have A Refund Please?

Yep. I have on my website a page called “Company Policy”. Essentially, goes over that since we are a service based company, we are more than happy to address “concerns” but once payment is made, all sales are final. It saved my ass recently when I had a client dispute a $1,600 service we performed that took 3 days to perform. Always take pictures, especially on large jobs/services, require signatures and have a customer policy that is agreed to when a client books if it’s a service based business.

funsuk61
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I Have A Refund Please?

@funsuk61 wrote:

Yep. I have on my website a page called “Company Policy”. Essentially, goes over that since we are a service based company, we are more than happy to address “concerns” but once payment is made, all sales are final. It saved my ass recently when I had a client dispute a $1,600 service we performed that took 3 days to perform. Always take pictures, especially on large jobs/services, require signatures and have a customer policy that is agreed to when a client books if it’s a service based business.

i got this... https://mobdro.bio/

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community