cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holliels
Former Member
Message 71 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

Selvan im more than happy for you to use logs from my laptop, ive tried the suggested remedies without success.

My (new) laptop is now totally useless, the clientanalyticservices process is stuck in a state of 'stopping' and theres no option to stop it via services in administrative tools.  The only option there is to start it but it says something like an incidence of this process is already running.

If possible Selvan please help me fix this even just temporarily, i rely on my laptop for work...

Thanks again roseg, im still stuck unfortunately but appreciated the advice

fuzwast
Former Member
Message 72 of 255

Not knowing your level of experience, forgive me if I am off-base here - assuming that you are logged into your computer with an account with administrator rights, you should be able to <Shutdown> your computer.  Not sleep; not hibernate - right?  Cold shutdown.

When you start your computer up from cold, and you log back in, the service should show disabled - assuming that you were successful in disabling the service.

Peacekeeper
Message 73 of 255

As well as the suggestion by    have you tried booting into safe mode and disabling the service there. I have 15.1 so have no issue and rarely see the service active so cannot test this might be worth a try.

holliels
Former Member
Message 74 of 255

Just to give mcafee as much info as possible - the second i log into my laptop after rebooting i open task manager and the Analytics SDK is already consuming 60% of the CPU despite it being set on 'disabled'.  Unable to select 'stop' on services screen so SDK is stuck on 'stopping'.

fuzwast
Former Member
Message 75 of 255

The most competent advise I have ever received from McAfee front-line support is "reinstall the software".  Pathetic, from my point of view.  I have captured chats that demonstrate outrageous lack of competence.  The closest approach I have to any confidence is that some of my clients are using McAfee, so I hold that they can't blame me for doing the same.   Uuuhhhhhgggggg.......

holliels
Former Member
Message 76 of 255

Ive definitely shut it down (full shut down and reboot) and when i log back in the service does show as disabled on the services list but it is still using the bulk of my CPU and showing as 'stopping' on the task manager process screen. 

So i am really confused by it!

Peacekeeper
Message 77 of 255

Me too I will be pushing the techs for info on this  in our call tomorrow . I wish 15.1 comes sooner it has not this issue.

holliels
Former Member
Message 78 of 255

Feeling your pain fuzwast!  I may have to uninstall it all and work offline just to get something (anything!) done. Preparing for a lot of chaser calls this coming week...going to try and reboot in safe mode - thanks peacekeeper

Peacekeeper
Message 79 of 255

I have added a 3 part question to the call agenda addressing most of the above issues also will recall for support (high level ) to visit here

Mate can you please try to assist the above users. see the agenda summary for issues

swcafe
Former Member
Message 80 of 255

Thank you to whoever started this thread. Somehow a fresh McAfee update happened and the Web Site crap got installed and that started the ClientAnalyticService in window services.

Anyway, stopping the service just got it stuck Stopping and setting to disabled did nothing.

So, locate the PID via: sc queryex ClientAnalyticService

Then whack it via: taskkill /f /s localhost /pid [pid from preceding] and voila the service will stop and be disabled.

My wife can now pay bills and shop to her hearts content and I can go back to watching TV.

This totally destroyed at least 8 hours...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community