cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_183665
Contributor
Message 51 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

See post 36 and those that immediately follow.

sortitout
Contributor
Message 52 of 255

I'm using Windows 8 and experienced the same issues, so it's not restricted to Windows 10. However, having followed the simple instructions found on post 36 (see previous comment) and those following, I disabled the function and stopped it (two separate but simple tasks to execute). Thus far I have had no issues with McAfee, IE or Vuze.

windwhistle
Former Member
Message 53 of 255

But mine doesn't show those things! I can get into services, right click and select stop, but nowhere does the option to 'disable' appear. Stopping it seems to have worked the third time around, but I'm not with the PC right now and am not confident enough to turn it off.

aaustin29
Contributor
Message 54 of 255

In Win10, Services>right click>select Properties. Popup box appears for Properties. Then on General tab>Startup type>change from Manual to Disabled

windwhistle
Former Member
Message 55 of 255

Thanks aaustin29. Just done exactly that and it's worked.

0scorpion0
Former Member
Message 56 of 255

I too tried to disable the process in the control panel, but it didn't succeed, nor could I change it's priority values there. The McAfee console wouldn't come up either, and like everyone else, my laptop had slowed down to a craw with that process eating up all resources.

I've disabled the corresponding service, as was suggested on this thread, and my system seems to have returned to normal, but it's too soon to celebrate. I'll have to keep it under observation ---  & hope that the car engine doesn't die!

Incidentally, I'm running Windows 10, with McAfee Live Safe. As for that process, I stopped and then disabled it. Let's see when McAfee releases a fix for this....

jgp
Contributor
Message 57 of 255

Have done that -- the service is disabled, then a reboot -- but still have the same problem - CPU 30% or more and the service is 'stopping'

Any other ideas? Seems that disabling the service worked for a lot of people - not sure why it wont fix it for me.

mentha
Former Member
Message 58 of 255

JPG

I had a similar problems, the program was "Stopping" and not "stopped" McAfee didn't appear to be opening. It stopped for me by one of two ways

1) Just took time. The McAfee eventually comes up after about 20-30minutes. The ClientAnalyticsService may also have stopped after a long time.

or

2) I switched the computer off. On switching back on I immediately went into services and disabled before the "AnalyticsSDK" got started and CPU usage had increased.

jgp
Contributor
Message 59 of 255

mentha

I tried that about 10 times this evening but could not get it to stop ...... however just now on the 11th try - success! the service is disabled, and NOT "stopping" anymore - it is stopped.

Not sure why it took so many attempts but at least it's stopped now. And look at that - Chrome works now!

Thanks to all on this thread for the advice.... now if we could only persuade McAfee that there is a problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 60 of 255

McAfee knows there is a problem I made sure they chased up the 1st issue and now the cpu issue. That is why they wanted a new thread so there would be no mixture of issues in same thread.

They are gathering logs but need deeper ones I hear so will We will get updated on this next Monday call in of moderators

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community