cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jss
Contributor
Message 181 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

About 15 minutes ago I noticed that McAfee had completed an update and that I had received new versions of McClientAnalytics.exe and the 2 dll files that go along with it.  So I checked to see if the ClientAnalyticsService was running and it was! (I had disabled it a few days ago when I found out it was the problem).  So far the service seems to be alternating between running and stopped without hogging cpu time or memory.  I'll leave it running and hope for the best.  The 3 new files are dated 2/16/2017 and the same version reported by Frank P, version 2.1.173.0.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 182 of 255

Thank you and everyone for your confirmations.  We will be monitoring these threads in reference to how everyone's system is performing. Please keep us apprised if the *Fix* has a lasting positive impact on your system's performance.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
roseg_89
Contributor
Message 183 of 255

I did also get the update and observed the same results as JSS. I will provide another update tomorrow.

tonylubrano
Former Member
Message 184 of 255

I too received the update last night:

AnalyticsSDK is turned back on (I presume by the install) and everything appears to be running hot, straight and normal.

Peacekeeper
Message 185 of 255

Thanks here is hoping.

roseg_89
Contributor
Message 186 of 255

After almost an entire day running with version 2.1.173.0 of McAfee Analytics SDK, my laptop is running great.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 187 of 255

That is great news to hear, indeed

Thank you for the input

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_183665
Contributor
Message 188 of 255

Well, it's been about 24 hours since the delivery of version 2.1.173.0 of McClientAnalytics and my Win10 system is still stable without internet access blockage or McAfee GUI failure to display. Since 1/11 it seemed to always lock up at least once a day back when I had the service enabled; now it's been enabled for more than a day without trouble. I am cautiously optimistic!

beatkins
Former Member
Message 189 of 255

Has this issue been resolved?  I am still having the problem of the program tying up the CPU.  PC comes to a crawl.  I have reboot to regain control for a while.  If I use the internet using Chrome or IE the issue starts up again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 190 of 255

@Frank p - good news, same here.

​ as a temporary fix follow the guidelines here.

Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator

Open the McAfee interface by double-clicking the desktop taskbar icon (by the clock), or the desktop shortcut or listing in Programs, and click Navigation (upper right side)

Click General Settings and Alerts

Click Access Protection to expand

Turn Access Protection off and click Apply (keep this UI open and minimized to your taskbar for the time being)

Press the Windows key + R

In the Run box type services.msc and hit Enter.

In the resultant Services table locate ClientAnalyticsService

Stop this (may take a few moments to stop)

Double-click the item to open Properties and alter the Startup type to Disabled

Click Apply and OK

Bring up the McAfee interface again and change Access Protection to On, click Apply and then close everything.

Reboot. (i.e  do a complete power down and up).

The update when it arrives is quite small but will change those settings back again but this time things wont seize up.

It's a throttled update, meaning it's slowly being released.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community