cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 141 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

That not a bad analogy. When one installs you are asked to allow reporting to Mcafee. At least the old installer did this. maybe a reinstall not allowing this will also remove this issue. I haven't the issue so cannot test this.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 142 of 255

Peacekeepeer

Thanks for that clarification.  Much appreciated.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 143 of 255

I mentioned the same earlier on (Somewhere in this Verbose thread)...Sigh. When a discussion becomes so long, users and readers tend to get lost in Translation. Which ends up in us repeating ourselves unnecessarily.

Just my take on things..There (is) a fix  in the process of being applied. No need for us to keep saying so...

In addition I added the instructions on how to temporally avoid the performance issues.

Now I digress.....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 144 of 255

Please see the following in the original thread:

Note:  Follow the instructions explained as a work-around, until the (Fix) has been completed.

Open up the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu, type in services.msc and hit the Enter key to bring up the Services panel. Double-click on ClientAnalytics, and change the drop-down to Disabled. Reboot your computer. It should not compromise your computer security. Then wait while McAffe issues the new revision of its software."

Then you MUST restart the PC.  Disabled is under the "startup type" column.  This means it takes effect at startup.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
alfredeneuman
Former Member
Message 145 of 255

All tricks on how to close the service, does not help me.  Neither of them worked on my computer.

Finally setting status to disabled and using taskkill to stop it did work ok.

tonylubrano
Former Member
Message 146 of 255

It may be frustrating having to repeat yourself as new people sign onto the forum and follow this thread but, your efforts are appreciated.  I believe the widespread interest in this topic shows the pervasive nature and severity of the problem.

I, for one, would like to thank all the participants and moderators for following up with all the queries and providing all the diagnostic data for the McAfee developers.  Without you, not only would I be down, I would have no hope for a forthcoming fix.

I'm sure the developers are diligently working on a resolution to this problem and I know the moderators and participants will provide us with timely status updates.

Again, thanx for your efforts!

Tony Lubrano

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 147 of 255

Hi Tony

Thank you for your kind words, it truly means alot to us.. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding, as the Devs are indeed dilligently working towards a resolution.

Again Thank you..

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
rondavies
Former Member
Message 148 of 255

Hi,

Just to add my voice to the other users on this thread... I've been experiencing issues for a few days and managed to trace it back to this root cause..... followed the instructions here and all good again... will wait on the proper fix from McAfee...

Thanks for the help...

Kind regards,

Ron.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 149 of 255

- how will we know when the "fix" is available - will you or Peacekeeper be posting in this thread or will there be an announcement direct from McAfee to all customers? I'm only asking because I'm still not allowing software updates from McAfee until I know definitively that the Analytics SDK issue is fixed.

Peacekeeper
Message 150 of 255

We will be told and pass it onto all relevant threads. That is the intention. WE always ask about the state of the fix in our Monday (US) calls but no call this week so I will email the tech looking after this issue later on this week.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community